||Ballot Initiative Network
WHO WE ARE
The Ballot Initiative Network is a collective effort of progressive organizations providing a year round continued presence on ballot measures.
WHAT WE DO
BIN convenes a broad range of organizations for early action on proposed ballot initiatives to win more often and more efficiently, while building for future campaigns. We serve as the clearinghouse for ballot measures by:
- Tracking ballot measure filings.
- Preparing initial assessments including policy analyses for discussion purposes.
- Initiating legal challenges to titles and summaries.
- Tracking PDC filings of initiative campaigns.
- Working with member organizations on proactive ballot measure concepts.
- Developing polling and other research vehicles to support the work of the table.
- Acting as an incubator for the formation of ballot measure campaigns.
- Providing direct voter file access to ballot initiative campaigns and member organizations.
- Coordinating efforts amongst progressive groups.
- Evaluating direct voter contact strategies on ballot initiatives.
The first year of the Ballot Initiative Network's existence resulted in a great amount of resource savings for both the No on 1033 and Approve R71 campaigns. By providing access to the voter file, coordinating progressive partners, and initiating voter contact, BIN created efficiencies and captured information that will be helpful with future efforts.
BACK TO INVESTMENTS PAGE